This outstanding new guidebook adds extraordinary two-lane adventure to straight-line Interstate road trips.
Add fun, history, and jaw-dropping natural wonders to your southwestern road trip with RoadTrip America Arizona and New Mexico: 25 Scenic Side Trips, each one beginning and ending at an Interstate highway and drivable within a day. Full-color maps and photographs illustrate easy-to-follow scenic routes through breathtaking landscapes and iconic towns in Arizona and New Mexico. Discover the surreal beauty of White Sands, watch the sun set over Monument Valley, or explore the subterranean marvels of Carlsbad Caverns. Find out why Jerome was “the Wickedest Town in the West” or walk in the footsteps of Wyatt Earp in Tombstone. Pamper yourself at a spa in Taos or soak up the vibes at an “energy vortex” in the red rocks of Sedona. With this brand-new, up-to-date guide as your companion, all this and much, much more will be yours to discover and enjoy—one extra day at a time!
* Stunning color imagery and photography throughout
* Easy-to read, full-color route maps with points of interest, mileage, and more
* Color-coded pages for easy identification of routes by geographic region
* Up-to-date insider tips for getting the most out of each route and staying safe
* Phone numbers, websites and visitor info for parks, attractions, and out-of-the-ordinary lodging & dining RoadTrip America’s Arizona and New Mexico: 25 Scenic Side Trips is is now available in bookstores and available online wherever fine books are sold.
* Updates from the publisher of Rick’s book can be found on the Scenic Side Trips series home site here.
Winner GOLD 2019 Independent Publisher Book Awards (IPPY) Travel/Guidebook
Winner, SILVER 2019 IBPA Benjamin Franklin Award for Interior Design
Winner, SILVER 2019 Independent Publisher Book Awards TRAVEL – GUIDEBOOK
Winner, FIRST PLACE, Travel/Nature Reader Views 2018-2019 Literary Awards
Winner, 2018-2019 Regional Awards, West-Mountain, Reader Views 2018-2019 Literary Awards
Winner, 2018 INDIES BRONZE, Travel
Buy Arizona and New Mexico: 25 Scenic Side Trips from these fine retailers!
About the Author
Rick Quinn was born and raised in Arizona, earned a degree in anthropology, then hit the road, indulging an admittedly peculiar whim by hitch-hiking to Tierra del Fuego. In one way or another, he’s been on the road ever since, living in a dozen diverse locales, from Paris to Peru, San Francisco to Washington D.C., working as a photographer, a coffee farmer, a magazine writer, a postman, a novelist, and, until his recent retirement, a corporate-level financial systems expert with the Postal Service. Rick is a veteran road tripper who has driven both the Alaska Highway and the Pan American. Currently, he’s a travel blogger, a landscape photographer, and a contributing writer for RoadTripAmerica.com.